K-12 Educational Opportunities
- Field trips: Bring your class or group for a guided tour of the gallery, archives, and more!
- Outreach workshops: Engaging with your students in a program focusing on our extensive resources.
- Primary source document support: Access the digital archive collections online for thousands of digital documents and photographs; excellent use of resources for KS College and Career Ready Standards.
- History Day support: Annual local and national contest for 6th-12th grade students to conduct research using primary and secondary resources, and then analyze the information in light of an over-arching historical theme or question.
- Lesson plans: Highlighting documents from our archives to use in your classroom.
- Teaching toolboxes: Hands-on materials for classroom use on a borrowed basis.
- Public program video archive: Full videos online of past programs ranging from prominent interviews, panels, and ceremonies.
Do you have a group that you would like to bring to the Dole Institute? We would be glad to provide a tour that focuses on common core standards, scout badge requirements or other educational goals. Contact Dole Institute Public Education Coordinator Julie Bergene at email@example.com or (785) 864-1420 at least two weeks before you plan to visit, and and our staff will work with you to tailor a group visit to meet your needs!